How can I change the format of the calendar? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1240848372 posted
    I would like to modify the calendar so the users can select a date from the calendar to enter details of an event. For instance, if I want to add an event on the 3rd, I should be able click on that date and the form for entering new events appear.

Basicly, I don't want to use add events button. Instead I want to click to a particular date on the calendar to be able to enter new events.

I am sorry if my question sounds bit confusing, but if there is any sugestions I will be very happy.

WATCH THIS SPACE
    Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:42 PM

All replies

• User-1076811855 posted
    Hi. If you download the sourcecode for the events control you could then alter the date text to be a hyperlink which would achieve what you want.

you need to alter the div code at line 605 in eventscalendar.cs of the control source code:

<code>

Change:

DivCtrl div = new DivCtrl(day.DayNumberText);

div.ApplyStyle(DayNumberStyle);

cell.Controls.Add(div);

to something like:

HyperLink hl = new HyperLink();

hl.Text = day.DayNumberText;

hl.NavigateUrl = "event_edit.aspx?action=new&date=" + day.Date;

hl.ApplyStyle(DayNumberStyle);

cell.Controls.Add(hl);

</code>

You would then need to change the code on the event_edit page to use the date value to set the date in the start and end date boxes.

Hope that helps....

John.
    Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:44 PM
  • User-1240848372 posted
    Thank you John.

I downloded the source code for the Event Calendar. Would you please let me know, do I need to run these codes from their default location or do I need to copy them into Club Site Starter folder. If i need to copy them in Club Site, do they all need to be in App_Code folder?

Thank You

WATCH THIS SPACE
    Thursday, December 1, 2005 2:34 PM
  • User-1076811855 posted

Hi, you need to open up the eventcalendar control project in vs2005, then alter the project as I metioned and rebuild to generate the new .dll. Once you have the new control you can add it to your clubwebsite in place of the old control, then make the changes to the events_edit page as mentioned earlier.

John

Thursday, December 1, 2005 9:17 PM