none
how to access each microphone array of multiple Kinects connecting to the computer RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone explain me the process of accessing each microphone array of the Kinect, when I am connecting 3 Kinects to the same desktop?

I am trying to run 3 parallel applications in C++ on the same computer, I've successfully access the video streams from 3Kinect, by selecting different Kinect index:

hr_init_0 = NuiCreateSensorByIndex(1, &m_pNuiSensor);

But when I try to integrate the MFAudioFilter into my application, I don't know how to select each microphone array for the corresponding Kinect.  Is there a similar function as NuiCreateSensorByIndex for the Kinect Audio SDK? Or, how can I manually define which microphone array I could use (to match the microphone array to the same Kinect video stream). 

The description of the current bug is:

When I used NuiCreateSensorByIndex (0, &m_pNuiSensnor), I could get the right audio reading from the same Kinect at Index 0.

When I used NuiCreateSensorByIndex(1, &m_pNuiSensor), I could get the video stream of Kinect at index 1, but I met mistakes when I try to get audio reading; The code stops at :

hr = pDMO->SetOutputType(0, &mt, 0);

under the function of 

HRESULT DShowRecord(IMediaObject* pDMO, IPropertyStore* pPS,
                        const TCHAR* outFile, int  iDuration)
    and in the terminal, it says "Unhandled Exception: System.AccessViolationException:..."

Thank you very much ahead!

Lining YAO

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:43 PM

All replies

• You dont have to write a directshow filter for kinect device for audio because I can use kinect audio right after i install kinect sdk. But for video try scotts video filter here and improve on it because he had it working in beta 2 but I cant seem to pinponit what hes doing wrong but if you can refine it he has source code listed on that thread for kinect sdk v1:http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/hr/kinectsdk/thread/4ee6e7ca-123d-4838-82b6-e5816bf6529c

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:38 PM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:38 PM