Unable to configure A record RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have an azure website at yis3.azurewebsites.net. I have already configured a cname so that www.yorkshireimagescanning.co.uk points to the site and this is working ok. I would now like to configure an A record so that anyone entering yorkshireimagescanning.co.uk (without the www.) will be presented with the site.

Below is a screen grab of the domain config from my dmoain provider - 123-reg.co.uk:

And also a screen grab showing me trying to configure the A record in the Azure portal:

Can anyone please tell me why Azure won't accept my attempt to enter the "yorkshireimagescanning.co.uk"?

Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:59 AM

Answers

• I think the issue is that you've verified the www record but you haven't verified the non-www record, eg the awverify.www CNAME is only verifying that you have permissions on www.yorkshireimagescanning.co.uk not yorkshireimagescanning.co.uk.

Create another CNAME record, this time setting the DNS Entry to awverify (rather than awverify.www) and point it to the same destination as you have currently for awverify.www).

• Marked as answer by Rob Bowman UK Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:52 PM
    Sunday, January 19, 2014 11:43 AM

All replies

• I think the issue is that you've verified the www record but you haven't verified the non-www record, eg the awverify.www CNAME is only verifying that you have permissions on www.yorkshireimagescanning.co.uk not yorkshireimagescanning.co.uk.

Create another CNAME record, this time setting the DNS Entry to awverify (rather than awverify.www) and point it to the same destination as you have currently for awverify.www).

• Marked as answer by Rob Bowman UK Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:52 PM
    Sunday, January 19, 2014 11:43 AM
  • Thanks very much Keith - you got it!
    Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:53 PM