Wrong MIME type for a JPG file RRS feed

Answers

• As far as I know, the Windows Azure CDN never modifies the content-type, so it's sending whatever type it's getting from the source (probably blob storage or a web role).

For blob storage, you can set the content-type from code or with a tool such as ClumsyLeaf CloudXplorer.

For a web role, you'd probably have to set the desired content-type in web.config.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The ContentType "image/jpeg" won't have problem. You can also use "octet-stream" type. In short jpg=jpeg, just jpg has some compressed data for jpeg.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:58 AM
  • As far as I know, the Windows Azure CDN never modifies the content-type, so it's sending whatever type it's getting from the source (probably blob storage or a web role).

For blob storage, you can set the content-type from code or with a tool such as ClumsyLeaf CloudXplorer.

For a web role, you'd probably have to set the desired content-type in web.config.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:40 AM
  • Thank you Steve.

You are Absolute right. The problem was at my code when upload the images in blob storage with wrong MIME type. I have just fixed.

Thanks again and keep up the good work !

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:16 AM