none
cpu RRS feed

• Question

• I have win 7 home edition with and i5 sandy bridge processor and 4 gigs of ram. I use this computer only as a recording studio, it goes online only to download recording software. Recently, when I put it on line it wanted to do window 7 updates -- many of them. service back 2 , security files etc. Coincidentally, the computers cpu is often high peaking the usual blue light to purple even after I have closed all the programs I am working on. I have also had a few crashlogs created. The win fix it tool finds no errors, but it acts as if something is running in the background using cpu power. I use no virus protection on that particular computer, because I only go straight to and back from legitimate urls. Any ideas, sorry if I rambled, just trying to explain the problem'

Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

not sure if this is the right form and may be the WPT is not the right tool for first troubleshooting things on this machine.

In general it is not !!! a good idea to use the internet without having some firewall and virus protection software in place.
    I would recommend to check if any virus on the system.
    Sec. you should check if some hardware is damaged or going to... For me the sound is like have issues with fan / temperature.

BR

RPA
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:25 PM