How to get connection information of source/target server in the log file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have deployed a package on Server A and connetion information are stored in xml file. When i run my package from the Server A the source for reading data is Server B and Target is Server C. The logs are storing in the text file (abc.log).

The Problem is no infomration about source server B and target server C writing in log file. My log file contains only the information about server A where i deployed and run the package. Requierments are to write the connection information such as connection succeeded to server B (source) or connection succeeded to server C (target).  Any idea which option must be activate for getting this or any other way?

Thanks and best regards

Dani

Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:24 PM

Answers

• they are some other ways that i handle it is that

- set capture change variable ( view ALL SSIS variable properties) , and save the changes in a text file, i.e i have a package that loop through excel files and loop through each sheet , i have set the SSIS to capture the variable change on file name and sheet names and some other related variable, and save it to file. what the file provides finally in the flow (Trace) of what it has done, so if the package fails on a file i'd know what sheet it failed on

Sincerely SH -- MCITP 2008, MCTS 2008 & 2005 -- Please kindly mark the post(s) that answered your question and/or vote for the post(s).

• Proposed as answer by Jerry Nee Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:42 AM
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 11:47 PM

All replies

• if you just want to know that if connection succeed or not, you can use event handlers and check error code, there are some error codes that relate to connection failure.

But if you want to log every connection's connection string properties some where, then you can use Script Task to fetch connection properties and store it some where. this is a sample of reading connection manager's properties with scripting:( in C#)

Dts.Connections[

"Connection Manager's Name"].ConnectionString

http://www.rad.pasfu.com

Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:30 PM
  • they are some other ways that i handle it is that

- set capture change variable ( view ALL SSIS variable properties) , and save the changes in a text file, i.e i have a package that loop through excel files and loop through each sheet , i have set the SSIS to capture the variable change on file name and sheet names and some other related variable, and save it to file. what the file provides finally in the flow (Trace) of what it has done, so if the package fails on a file i'd know what sheet it failed on

Sincerely SH -- MCITP 2008, MCTS 2008 & 2005 -- Please kindly mark the post(s) that answered your question and/or vote for the post(s).

• Proposed as answer by Jerry Nee Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:42 AM
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 11:47 PM