How to handle Errors in SSIS? RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

I am new to SSIS, I am trying to handle errors occurred in SSIS package.

I have created flat file destination task in Data flow to handle the error records,configured the output columns with redirect row option.I am getting below error when I execute the package.

Error: 0xC0202009 at DTSTask_DTSDataPumpTask_2, OLE DB Source [1]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "The statement has been terminated.".An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.".

Package execution is stopping and none of the error records are logged in the error file task,

Requesting your help.

Thanks in advance,

Manimala.

Friday, October 30, 2015 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hello Manimala,

Generally, when a subquery in your query returns more than a single row, you will get such error.

Check you queries where the task is failing it can be either Execute SQL Task, DFT Look up Query, or others

Description: "Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression

Now, this error cannot be logged through redirect row option. This will fail the package itself.

Shreepal

Future-MVPian with a Motive to Help

Please mark as answer/helpful, if it is useful

Friday, October 30, 2015 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hi  Manimala,

Can you elaborate a lil bit more, what exactly you are doing on which task you are getting error and if you are using any query then please post that too.

Thanks

Friday, October 30, 2015 9:16 AM
  • Hello Manimala,

Generally, when a subquery in your query returns more than a single row, you will get such error.

Check you queries where the task is failing it can be either Execute SQL Task, DFT Look up Query, or others

Description: "Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression

Now, this error cannot be logged through redirect row option. This will fail the package itself.

Shreepal

Future-MVPian with a Motive to Help

Please mark as answer/helpful, if it is useful

Friday, October 30, 2015 10:02 AM
  • Thank you Shreepal.

Friday, November 6, 2015 8:44 AM