none
Putting Totals on the left side of report RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I've created report that has a totals column on the far right side and aggregates values from columns to the left (using SUM). Is there any way to calculate those totals and put them on the LEFT side of all those columns in your layout instead of running the report and ending up with totals to the last column on the right while maintaining totals that are also in the last row (the bottom) of the report?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 5:32 PM

Answers

• There is a bizarre little green triangle thingy in the subtotal box.  When you click it -- if you click it *JUST* right -- you should be able to see different properties in the Properties window.  There is a Position attribute which has the value After by default but you can set it to Before.

Is this what you're after?

If not, we shall discuss kludges <g>.

>L<

Friday, August 10, 2007 12:22 AM

All replies

•  

I know that you can make your matrix table expand either right to left OR left to right (standard). However, this poses a problem because then your item descriptions in the rows on the first column are also flipped. So your totals aggregate column is still not next to them. If anybody has any ideas let me know. Thanks Smile
    Wednesday, August 8, 2007 2:34 PM
  • There is a bizarre little green triangle thingy in the subtotal box.  When you click it -- if you click it *JUST* right -- you should be able to see different properties in the Properties window.  There is a Position attribute which has the value After by default but you can set it to Before.

Is this what you're after?

If not, we shall discuss kludges <g>.

>L<

Friday, August 10, 2007 12:22 AM
  •  

Yep that did it! Thanks much Lisa!

chip

Monday, August 13, 2007 8:23 PM