Play Video on ASP web page and displaying a message (VB) RRS feed

• Question

• Easy enough to play the video on a page but I need to display a message or alert first, how can that be done on the page?

Using the code behind the page it is easy to display the message but I haven't found a way yet to play the video.  Is there a way?

Thanks for your help!

Nitromuse

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:47 PM

Answers

• There are many ways to play a video on a page and there are also many videos. 

Mostly people mean streaming videos from a side otherwise it is a little bit boring.

However, for that are ASP.Net forums a better way to find some help. Try to tell that you want to do this with code behind. Many in those forums are still programming in the old Javascript HTML injected code.

http://forums.ASP.Net

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:04 PM

All replies

• The easiest way is to create one page with on that too a textbox with a starting text and a button and make all the other controls invisible. After the Post Back from the button click you make all other controls visible and hide the button and the text.

You can also go for the Session Way and put in the session after the first post back that the first message is done. 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.sessionstate.aspx

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:27 PM
  • This can be done with Javascript.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:13 PM
  • do you have a snippet of JavaScript code to run the video?

thank you

Nitromuse

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:41 PM
  • What is wrong with my VB code behind solution I gave? 

Assuming that it is true what the OP wrote about that playing Videos was easy enough for him.

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:32 AM
  • Cor,

How is the video actually played from the code behind page?  I follow your visible/invisible buttons but don't know how to trigger the video from the aspx.vb file.

Thanks again

Nitromuse

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:35 PM
  • How do you start this currently.

Easy enough to play the video on a page but I need to display a message or alert first

The only thing you have to change is that it starts after the postback of the button.

Public Class WebForm1
        Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
        Protected Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            'Start your Video Here
            Button1.Visible = False
        End Sub
    End Class

Success
    Cor

• Edited by Cor Ligthert Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:45 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:39 PM
  • Sorry to be so dense Cor, but when I say easy to play the video on a page I'm speaking of on a HTML5 page using a simple <a href

I'm trying to figure out the code to use on the aspx.vb page Button1_Click sub.  I've tried many scenarios but so far haven't found the right code to get it accomplished.

Thanking you again,

Nitromuse

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:39 PM
  • There are many ways to play a video on a page and there are also many videos. 

Mostly people mean streaming videos from a side otherwise it is a little bit boring.

However, for that are ASP.Net forums a better way to find some help. Try to tell that you want to do this with code behind. Many in those forums are still programming in the old Javascript HTML injected code.

http://forums.ASP.Net

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:04 PM