How do I add a Calendar app part from a subsite to a parent site? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there,

Basically like the title states, I have a subsite with a Calendar App part and would like to add it onto the landing page of my root site.

I've tried using SharePoint Designer and just copying and pasting out the <webpart /> section but received an error saying the list does not exist.

I'm also unable to get it to work from saving the web part as a file and then uploading into my root site.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

• Edited by ptfcg Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:00 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:00 PM

Answers

• Instead of trying to add this calendar, create a calendar in your parent site and then do an overlay of the calendar you want.

Andy Wessendorf SharePoint Developer II | Rackspace andy.wessendorf@rackspace.com

• Marked as answer by ptfcg Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:29 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:02 PM

All replies

• Instead of trying to add this calendar, create a calendar in your parent site and then do an overlay of the calendar you want.

Andy Wessendorf SharePoint Developer II | Rackspace andy.wessendorf@rackspace.com

• Marked as answer by ptfcg Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:29 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:02 PM
  • What about saving it as a template?
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:05 PM
  • Saving it as a template will not display any data that is added to the subsite in the future on the parent site.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:07 PM