Rapid Deploy - Using VS 2010 to manage the Azure project. RRS feed

• Question

• I created a test site using VS 2010 templates. I made NO code modification.  I want to "Rapid Deploy" to my Azure subscription which my portal indicates status is Active.  I am following Jim Nakashima's blog http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jnak/.

I have Win7 Ulimate 64bit, VS 2010, and Azure SDK 1.3 installed.

I followed the instruction and created my credentials, uploaded my certificate using the Azure Portal using the "Add Certificate".  I see the certificate in the portal with the correct subscription ID.

In Visual Studio it errors with: "No subscription found" and "No storage accounts found".

I cannot understand why Azure always is such an absolute PAIN to work with doing the most simple thing.  As ususal documentation is none existant and so is support.  One would think that Microsoft would want at least deployment to work so they could collect money.

I hope it is easier to kill it than it is to create. If not it will bankrupt me before I and shut the thing down.  But I don't have to worry about that at the moment since I can't event the it loaded.

Larry

Saturday, January 22, 2011 12:19 AM

Answers

• One thing to double check is that you uploaded the certificate as a management certificate in the portal (and not as a certificate for any specific app).

• Proposed as answer by Mog Liang Friday, January 28, 2011 9:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Monday, January 31, 2011 9:16 AM
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:42 AM

All replies

• One thing to double check is that you uploaded the certificate as a management certificate in the portal (and not as a certificate for any specific app).

• Proposed as answer by Mog Liang Friday, January 28, 2011 9:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Monday, January 31, 2011 9:16 AM
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:42 AM
  • This worked for me:

Create a storage account in the Azure Management Portal. (Steps not included)

Then deploy the first time using the Management Portal then it will work from Visual Studio.

Steps:

1.  Choose Create Service Package Only instead of Deploy your Windows Azure Project to Windows Azure

2.  In the Azure Management Portal click New Hosted Service

3.  Fill out the form and point to the cspkg and cscfg files that Visual Studio created in step 1

4.  Now you can choose Deploy your Windows Azure Project to Windows Azure and it will work from Visual Studio.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:07 PM