Microsoft visual studio console asking for dotnet sdk even if it is installed RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed microsoft core sdk with visual studio 2019 but whenever I am debugging azure function the debug console is asking to install dotnet sdk

Thursday, July 9, 2020 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinay Jade,

From the screenshot, please try to debug your azure function in Debug mode.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, July 10, 2020 3:22 AM
  • I tried in debug mode still not working
    Friday, July 10, 2020 5:54 AM
  • Hi Vinay Jade,

Please try to install 'ASP.NET and web development' workload in visual studio installer.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, July 10, 2020 10:52 AM
  • It is already installed
    Saturday, July 11, 2020 6:19 AM
  • Hi Vinay Jade,

Please double click project node in solution explorer, then change 'AzureFunctionsVersion' to 'V3'.

If you still want to use 'v2', please try to install .net core 2.2 version in your machine.

Best Regards,

Dylan

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:58 AM
  • Hi Dylan,

I tried with core 3.1 but still console is giving same error. Do you think its related to access because console is working fine on my colleague's machine with same setup as of mine

• Edited by Vinay Jade Tuesday, July 28, 2020 3:47 PM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 3:47 PM
  • Hi Vinary Jade,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Maybe you can try to create a new azure function, then debug it to check if it can work.

And not sure if repair VS could help, but it might be worthy trying if it's possible for you

Best Regards,

Dylan

Friday, July 31, 2020 10:03 AM