RFID RRS feed

• Question

• Can anybody share experience, white paper on RFID with BizTalk. 

I am trying to provide a solution for a logistic company where we are trying to bring in real time automation data as the truck leaves the various docks in the warehouse into the ERP and also any real time tracking while at end points.

Is the system relaible with RFID technology and having BizTalk gateway to RFID. Any implementation recommendations or approach?

Raja

Monday, August 13, 2018 8:24 PM

All replies

• Please note: RFID and Mobile is not part of latest BTS 2016
    Sorry I don't know of any alternatives as I've been out of the mobile market for quite some time

/Peter

When asking a question please be as thoroughly as possible this will make it easier to assist you http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Monday, August 13, 2018 8:35 PM
  • As noted above, RFID is no longer directly supported by BizTalk Server, however....

In most cases, RFID has become nothing special and a tag scan is just another message.  It's a similar case to what you'd have using a Bar Code Scanner.

One of the first thing you should do is ask the RFID vendor how they surface scan data to other system.  I've seen text files, messages to a queue and (ug) TCP.  There's some common formats but even if not, the data isn't at all complicated to decode.

The legacy BizTalk RFID was developer to support use cases that apparently never materialized but even without it, there's nothing stopping you from developing RFID enabled apps with BizTalk Server or even Logic Apps.

Monday, August 13, 2018 9:01 PM