none
Storage not showing in Portal Preview

Question

• After moving cloud service and storage to another subscription, only cloud service shows in the new portal. Apparently, storage was moved to the new subscription, but it only shows in the classic portal and I'm not able to access it from Visual Studio.

The application running on cloud service appears to function normally.
    Monday, July 25, 2016 7:25 PM

All replies

• In the new portal (portal.azure.com) have you clicked on Browse, then selected Storage accounts (Classic) ?

Monday, July 25, 2016 10:16 PM
  • No. When I select Storage accounts (classic) in the new portal just the message "No storage accounts (classic) to display" is shown.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Monday, July 25, 2016 10:25 PM
  • In portal.azure.com do you have access to the subscription it was moved to? ie in portal.azure.com and you click on subscriptions down the bottom left, can you view the subscription listed where the classic storage account is located? if you can, check that your account has access in the subscription by going to settings then users.

possible that RBAC on the subscription in the new portal could be hiding it.

Monday, July 25, 2016 11:16 PM
  • I have access to the subscription the storage was moved to. I moved it from a Pay-As-You-Go to a BizSpark subscription. After that, storage disappeared from portal.azure.com. Now I can only access it in manage.windowsazure.com and Visual Studio (Server Explorer).

I'd like to find out how to solve it, but if it's not possible, I'm going to create another storage in the new subscription to deploy the service in production next week.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:44 AM
  • If the storage account shows up in manage.windowsazure.com (the classic portal) and Server Explorer, then it is a classic storage account and not a Resource Manager storage account.

You should be able to find this in the Azure portal under "Storage Accounts (classic)". Be sure you're logged into the correct subscription -- I'd recommend using an InPrivate Browsing window to make sure it's not still logged into a different account.

Robin

Sr. Content Developer at Microsoft

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 6:27 AM