none
the customization cannot be run because the solution id in the document does not match the customization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've created Custom Excel Ribbon AddIn using Visual Studio 2012 for Excel 2013, and packaged it using InstallSheild. Everything goes fine and add in finishes install successfully but when I open excel to use or add AddIn I get the error:

the customization cannot be run because the solution id in the document does not match the customization

I've googled a lot but there are lot of unanswered posts around this. Any idea? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Monday, September 8, 2014 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you see the ribbon controls when you open the host application? Do you get any UI errors? See How to: Show Add-in User Interface Errors for more information.

Did you try to debug the code?

Most probably a property or method call in the code generates an exception. Does it make sense? 

Monday, September 8, 2014 8:14 PM
  • Hi Vishal,

>>I've created Custom Excel Ribbon AddIn using Visual Studio 2012 for Excel 2013, and packaged it using InstallSheild.<<

Which kind of Office solution you are developing, application level or document level?

As far as I know, the solutionId is used by the Visual Studio Tools for Office runtime to uniquely identify
    a document-level solution.

Would this issues be fixed if you move the solution id in the code or application manifest?

Did you publish the Office solution in a new computer or the developing one?

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Anybody finds the solution, i am also getting the same error for an addins for WORD 2013

Pushpendra

Monday, October 31, 2016 7:18 PM