none
Setting up VS2015 Community on Windows 10 host

Question

• Hi,

Been trying to setup VS2015 on Windows 10 host.  We have unreliable internet so decided to try the path of using the /layout option on the installer command running overnight (less busy time).  Rather than an install stopping mid flight due to internet failure.

So I downloaded the VS2015 installer and using the /layout option created a ~14Gb folder with all the VS2015 packages.  Went ahead and installed but did not select Windows 10 developer options (i.e. SDK etc) for universal app development.

After the install was done, noted it said update 1 was available.  So downloaded the vs2015.1 updater and using the /layout option created a 3.2Gb folder.  Went ahead and successfully updated to vs2015.1 but there was no option to add the Windows 10 developer options (i.e. SDK).

So would appreciate advice how I could update my vs2015.1 community install to include the Windows 10 SDK stuff etc?

Which would be the easiest way to accomplish this please?

Thanks

Peter

Sunday, February 21, 2016 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post.

>>how I could update my vs2015.1 community install to include the Windows 10 SDK stuff etc?

Please try it with the following steps:

1. Open Control Panel->Uninstall a program

2.Select your Visual Studio 2015 then right click it.

3.Click Change->Modify->Select the windows 10 SDK option and click next then click Update.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by PeterEvans1959 Monday, February 22, 2016 7:04 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2016 5:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post.

>>how I could update my vs2015.1 community install to include the Windows 10 SDK stuff etc?

Please try it with the following steps:

1. Open Control Panel->Uninstall a program

2.Select your Visual Studio 2015 then right click it.

3.Click Change->Modify->Select the windows 10 SDK option and click next then click Update.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by PeterEvans1959 Monday, February 22, 2016 7:04 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2016 5:25 AM
  • Hi Xiao,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I will follow your directions this weekend.

Regards

Peter

Monday, February 22, 2016 7:06 AM