Error Migrating Data Error occurred while inserting table information into Data Migration Auxiliary table RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am attempting to migrate a table from an Oracle database to an SQL 2012 database.  I am able to create the table in the SQL database, but when I try to migrate the data, I see the following error.  I have not been able to find any information about this error on the web. 

Migrating data...
    Analyzing metadata...
    Preparing table SPD_D.GENERAL_CODE_VALUES...
    Preparing data migration package...
    Starting data migration Engine
    Starting data migration...
    Error occurred while inserting table information into Data Migration Auxiliary table. Reason: Invalid object name 'WIMS_ST.o2ss.MSSsmaDmTables'. <--------------- What does this mean - am I missing something?  the extension pack has been installed on the host by our DBA.
     Errors: Error occurred while inserting table information into Data Migration Auxiliary table. Reason: Invalid object name 'WIMS_ST.o2ss.MSSsmaDmTables'.
    Data migration operation has finished.
     0 table(s) successfully migrated.
     0 table(s) partially migrated.
     1 table(s) failed to migrate.

Thanks,

Tim.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 6:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Tim,

Please make sure you haven't miss the following steps when you migrate the data:

1. In the Oracle Metadata Explorer, convert the Oracle Schema to Microsoft SQL database objects.

2. In the SQL Server Metadata Explorer, synchronize the changes with SQL Server.

3. In the Oracle Metadata Explorer, start to migrate the data.

Note Do not manually create the database or tables in SQL Server. Don't forget to sync the changes to SQL Server before you start migrate data.

From the error message you supplied, it seems you have missed steps 2.

Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:19 PM

All replies

• HiMillerTim,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring.Your patience is greatly appreciated.Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,
    Ice fan

Ice Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:56 AM
  • Hi Tim,

Please make sure you haven't miss the following steps when you migrate the data:

1. In the Oracle Metadata Explorer, convert the Oracle Schema to Microsoft SQL database objects.

2. In the SQL Server Metadata Explorer, synchronize the changes with SQL Server.

3. In the Oracle Metadata Explorer, start to migrate the data.

Note Do not manually create the database or tables in SQL Server. Don't forget to sync the changes to SQL Server before you start migrate data.

From the error message you supplied, it seems you have missed steps 2.

Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:19 PM
  • the same issue , but one little difference - I am exporting from MySQL which has no schema;

the error seems the same. I do the step1 on the folder which is the name of the database.

Any ideas?

Monday, August 14, 2017 7:27 PM
  • and it seems that it has created table structure at the target side.

E pluribus unum

Monday, August 14, 2017 7:29 PM