none
IRM rights policy template unavailable in OWA

Question

• We activated Azure IRM in Office 365. We are able to see the rights policy templates in Outlook client but OWA. We run the PS command to enable IRM for EXO following the instruction at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn569291.aspx. But we didn't run the command in the step 5 to disable IRM templates in OWA and Outlook. Is there anything we missing in the setup?

Thanks ! 

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• The article you used is for OME, not Azure RMS. The steps you need to follow to enable Azure RMS for ExO are listed here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/information-protection/deploy-use/configure-office365#exchange-online-irm-configuration

In particular, you must also run the following cmdlet:

Set-IRMConfiguration -InternalLicensingEnabled $true
    After that, run the Get-RMSTemplate to confirm that templates are available.

• Marked as answer by KungfuPanda2 Monday, March 27, 2017 11:57 AM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 8:32 AM
  • Thanks Vasil. I run Set-IRMConfiguration -InternalLicensingEnabled $true. I can see all the templates Get-RMSTemplate. Sorry, I should correct the question I have. The Set Permissions is unavailable when Compose a new message in Outlook Web App.

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, March 24, 2017 1:15 PM
  • Thanks Vasil. I run Set-IRMConfiguration -InternalLicensingEnabled $true. I can see all the templates Get-RMSTemplate. Sorry, I should correct the question I have. The Set Permissions is unavailable when Compose a new message in Outlook Web App.

What does Test-IRMConfiguration show?
    Friday, March 24, 2017 8:14 PM
  • Thanks Vasil. Actually it took 24 hours for the OWA UI to update. I can see the set permissions option now. 

Monday, March 27, 2017 11:57 AM