locked
Error: 'unicode' is an invalid connection string attribute RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-995974162 posted

    Hi,

       I'm having the connection string with the attribute Unicode=True. But when i try to get the connection string from the config file, i'm getting the following error.

     'unicode' is an invalid connection string attribute

     
       Have anyone came across this issue? If i remove this attribute, it's working fine.

       Any lights on this?

       My connection string is:

        <add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=MyDataSourceName;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=myUser;Password=myUser;Unicode=True" providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" />
     

     

    Regards,

    Venkatarajan A 


     

    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 4:37 AM

All replies

  • User-2098386135 posted

    I added Unicode=True to a few of my connectionstrings in test projects and they all worked fine:

    VS 2005
    Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production
    PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production
    CORE 9.2.0.6.0 Production
    TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production
    NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production

    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 3:10 PM
  • User887393078 posted

    Hi,

    If Unicode is set to true when not using Oracle 9i client software to communicate with an Oracle 9i server, unpredictable results may occur.

    Courtsey:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.oracleclient.oracleconnection.connectionstring(VS.71).aspx

    Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:53 AM
  • User1802295731 posted

    Hi,

    I had the same problem. Oracle.DataAccess.Client really doesn't have Unicode attibute.

    This attribute belongs to System.Date.OracleClient instead.

    Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:33 AM