none
HTML coding for eBay RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just received a trial version of Microsoft Expression Web 4. I previously had used Adobe Golive, which is now defunct. On Web 4, I formatted a page, with inserted photos and all, whose html  is ready to be copied and pasted into the eBay listing page. When I do that, the photos don't show up. What do I have to do to remedy this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Friday, September 7, 2012 7:50 PM

Answers

• Read the eBay documentation. Just guessing here, but the images probably have to be referenced from a Web-accessible location (Flickr, PhotoBucket, etc.), and NOT from your local hard drive, which eBay's servers cannot access when rendering the page. In any case, this is not an EW issue.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by quailrunner Saturday, September 8, 2012 1:06 AM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 8:37 PM
  • I assume Scott has hit the point.  When you create a local page, those images are on your PC and references to them are correct from your local page.  Look at the src value for your images: they won't be in that location on ebay. You have to put the images somewhere where they can be seen from ebay.  You'd have to use ebay's documentation to see if you can upload them to ebay, or if you have to put them somewhere else.
    • Edited by KathyW2 Friday, September 7, 2012 9:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by quailrunner Saturday, September 8, 2012 1:05 AM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 9:53 PM
  • Ebay allows you to upload to ebay, and you can also upload to some other location and link to them from your ebay ad.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET
    Arvixe -- My favored web host

Saturday, September 8, 2012 12:50 AM

All replies

• Read the eBay documentation. Just guessing here, but the images probably have to be referenced from a Web-accessible location (Flickr, PhotoBucket, etc.), and NOT from your local hard drive, which eBay's servers cannot access when rendering the page. In any case, this is not an EW issue.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by quailrunner Saturday, September 8, 2012 1:06 AM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 8:37 PM
  • I assume Scott has hit the point.  When you create a local page, those images are on your PC and references to them are correct from your local page.  Look at the src value for your images: they won't be in that location on ebay. You have to put the images somewhere where they can be seen from ebay.  You'd have to use ebay's documentation to see if you can upload them to ebay, or if you have to put them somewhere else.
    • Edited by KathyW2 Friday, September 7, 2012 9:55 PM
    Friday, September 7, 2012 9:53 PM
  • Ebay allows you to upload to ebay, and you can also upload to some other location and link to them from your ebay ad.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET
    Arvixe -- My favored web host

Saturday, September 8, 2012 12:50 AM
  • Thanks for all of your help. You were right on. When I went into the HTML and replaced the references to the photos with http:// designations, the photos miraculously appeared. I am still learning the ins and outs of this software, but it does seem quite user friendly with advantages over the Adobe Golive that I had been using.

Thanks again,

Jerry

Saturday, September 8, 2012 1:04 AM