none
is there any example of copy data activity using data factory from azure Mysql database to azure Mysql database using python sdk ? RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Omer_a,

Can you please be more specific about the use case? ADF is useful when there is some transformation required between source and target data stores, hence the blob store. 

There is the ability to sync data directly to another Azure Database for MySQL: Read replicas in Azure Database for MySQL

Any additional information would be helpful with regard to the desired solution. Alternatively, you could make a request on the Azure Data Factory User voice, as there is likely no internal Python SDK that supports your scenario at this time.

Regards,

Mike

Friday, September 20, 2019 2:05 AM
  • Hi , i would like to use azure database mysql as a source and as a sink and in the copy activity to copy a table from the source to the sink , is was able to do so via portal but via sdk python i am confused but i think that there is a way since there is a 
    AzureMySqlSource and and 
    AzureTableSink that seems like a mysql sink is there a full example of it ?
    Friday, September 20, 2019 6:54 AM
  • I am investigating this. Thank you for the additional details. 

Regards,

Mike

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:39 AM
  • Apologies for the delay in getting information back to you. The following tutorial demonstrates that Azure Data Factory supports both source and target database but, what I don't have, is a Python specific example: Copy data to and from Azure Database for MySQL using Azure Data Factory

The Azure Samples repository does not have any Python samples for Data Factory and it appears you have created the following User Voice entry. If not, please up-vote and comment on this entry but please make specific comments with regard to the functionality you seek. Thank you!

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:31 PM