Load data in sql server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm reading a .dbfile file using VB6 and  I load the read records in a txt file.

Actually, it works fine but I'd like to save those records in a sql server 2k table. I usually save data in sql server assigning data to each field of each record.

My question is, is it possible to assign one string to one record of that sql table? The string contains strings separated by spaces and there are so many strings like fields in the sql server table, and of the same type.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Droig

For this you better use SQL Server Intergration Services (SSIS) managed in the SQL Server Business Intelligence Management Studio (SQL 2005 and later). That's the tool to do exactly these things

In SQL 2000 there have been the Data Transformantion Services (DTS) Packages, but they have been replaced by SSIS in later version. I recommend to use SSIS not DTS if you have SQL 2005 or later available. You will be able to fill with SSIS also SQL2k database.

Alternatively you may use BULK INSERT as described here:

SQL Bulk Insert

Henry

BTW: Your question would fit better in one of the SQL Server MSDN forums listed here:

SQL Server Forums

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:18 AM