none
drawing impacting center and right aligned RRS feed

Answers

• Hi David,

In the sample document there is an absolute positioned picture with Text Wrapping: Square and some short text. The picture with Square wrapping acts as a barrier dividing the space before and after the picture something like columns. Both these areas keep the right alignment property, in the original sample document “a” is right aligned in the first area and if more text is added, the overflow text is also right aligned in the second area, see picture. This behavior of Word is by design, I couldn’t find in the documentation, though. I’ll continue the investigation and if it is really missing, I’ll file a suggestion that this behavior should be documented.

Thanks, Vilmos

• Proposed as answer by Vilmos Foltenyi Monday, March 17, 2014 9:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Monday, March 17, 2014 9:57 PM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 9:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

A member of the Protocols Team will investigate this and follow up on the forum.

Regards,

Mark Miller | Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Open Protocols Team

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:03 PM
  • Hi David,

I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I’ve downloaded the “RightAlign.docx” file, I am going to analyze it and will provide you with an update soon.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:25 PM
  • Hi David,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the effect of a picture when the text is right justified. I submitted a request that the observed behavior to be described.

Thanks, Vilmos
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 9:13 PM
  • Hi David,

In the sample document there is an absolute positioned picture with Text Wrapping: Square and some short text. The picture with Square wrapping acts as a barrier dividing the space before and after the picture something like columns. Both these areas keep the right alignment property, in the original sample document “a” is right aligned in the first area and if more text is added, the overflow text is also right aligned in the second area, see picture. This behavior of Word is by design, I couldn’t find in the documentation, though. I’ll continue the investigation and if it is really missing, I’ll file a suggestion that this behavior should be documented.

Thanks, Vilmos

• Proposed as answer by Vilmos Foltenyi Monday, March 17, 2014 9:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Monday, March 17, 2014 9:57 PM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 9:35 PM