Excel pivot table to data cube broken RRS feed

• Question

• A previous IT admin at the company I work for set up a datacube and linked several excel sheets to them. Recently we did a domain update and a change in password policy as well as a move of users to a different OU in active directory. Is it possble to reset the connections so that the excel sheets are pulling from the data cube again? I have limited experience with ms sql 2005 where this is set up at. Do I need to look at the ODBC links etc? Thanks in advance.

Hans

IT Admin Hickory Brands

Friday, January 13, 2012 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Hans,

The users can access the cube as long as they are in the same domain with SSAS server, however the precondition is that please make sure the users have the permission in SSAS database.

If the users are from outside the same domain, you can enable HTTP access to Analysis Services by configuring MSMDPUMP.dll, an ISAPI extension that runs in Internet Information Services (IIS) and pumps data to and from client applications and an Analysis Services server.

For more information about Configure HTTP Access to SQL Server Analysis Services on IIS 7.0, please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg492140.aspx

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:32 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:29 AM