none
Problem with locked workstation RRS feed

• Question

•  hello together,

my program works fine, but if the workstation locks after several minutes, it crashes . Now I want to know, what to do so that my program won't crash (running while station is locked)?
    Any events to catch, or other configurations?
    Maybe there are classes or any hardware accesses which have problems with locked workstation?

Environment: Windows XP/2000, .NET Framework 2.0, C#

Thanks for any help

jojo

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:14 AM

Answers

• hi,

the problem was found. I've got a splash screen with several backgroundworkers. By replacing the backgroundworkers with a timer, it works fine, also when workstation locks.

thanks for answers. I wasn't able to catch an exception, but the tip with a wrong thread brought me to the problem.

• Marked as answer by jojo82 Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:34 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:33 PM

All replies

• In what way does it crash? Is there an exception that you can catch to get more information about the error condition.
    Mattias, C# MVP
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:26 AM
  • The classic diagnostic is violating threading rulez in a Windows Forms application.  It will bomb when the SystemEvents.SessionSwitch event is fired on the wrong thread.
    Hans Passant.
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:25 PM
  • hi,

the problem was found. I've got a splash screen with several backgroundworkers. By replacing the backgroundworkers with a timer, it works fine, also when workstation locks.

thanks for answers. I wasn't able to catch an exception, but the tip with a wrong thread brought me to the problem.

• Marked as answer by jojo82 Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:34 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:33 PM