Unable to build Media Capture and Media Extensions samples

Question

• I'm am getting the following error when trying to build the downloaded Media Capture and Media Extensions samples...

C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\MediaCapture\MediaExtensions\Grayscale\Grayscale.vcxproj : error  : The composition produced a single composition error. The root cause is provided below. Review the CompositionException.Errors property for more detailed information.

1) No exports were found that match the constraint:

ContractName Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsHierarchy

RequiredTypeIdentity Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsHierarchy

RequiredCreationPolicy Shared

This is the error that the GrayscaleTransform project in the Media Capture solution is throwing.  All the similar projects in the Media Extensions sample throw the same error.

RBL3

Monday, September 24, 2012 4:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I am not able to reproduce this issue. Please make sure that you are using the RTM build with the updated sample.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Media-extensions-sample-7b466096

I hope this helps,

James

Windows Media SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:29 AM
  • I have the RTM build and have the updated sample too.  I even downloaded it again from this link.  I am running Visual Studio Express.  I have not had any trouble with any of the other samples but all the other samples I have used have been straight C#.  Does the media extension sample work with the express edition?

RBL3

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:51 PM
  • I just tested building the sample on Win8 RTM and VS 2012 Express RTM without any problems. Is there anything else you can think of that is different from a typical dev machine installation that may help us repro this error? If you have access to any other Win8 systems, does it build there?

David Lamb

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:29 PM
  • I uninstalled Visual Studio and then re-installed and it fixed the problem.  The only thing I had done on the previous installation was download the JavaScript update that came up under the Visual Studio updates list.

RBL3

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:16 PM