Creating a WCF tranasport adapter using the LOB SDK... RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possiible to create a WCF transport adapter using WCF LOB SDK. I have a Sftp library, whith a Put(stream) method. Exposing the contract won't make much sense. But is there a way to get around this? And what input would I expect?

//Mikael

Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Mikael,

You can do it by writing code in the metadata browse and resolve methods that gives you a Put method to call.

The LOB adapter SDK seems to me more focussed on LOB systems that expose metadata. You can look at using a custom WCF channel for SFTP, but there is no help from the wizard here.

The Adapter SDN could relly benifit form having a wizard for creating proticol adapters as well as metadata driven adapters.

Regards,

Alan

Monday, August 11, 2008 8:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Mikael,

You can do it by writing code in the metadata browse and resolve methods that gives you a Put method to call.

The LOB adapter SDK seems to me more focussed on LOB systems that expose metadata. You can look at using a custom WCF channel for SFTP, but there is no help from the wizard here.

The Adapter SDN could relly benifit form having a wizard for creating proticol adapters as well as metadata driven adapters.

Regards,

Alan

Monday, August 11, 2008 8:17 AM
  • True Mikael,

It would be more meaningful for you to develop a custom WCF channel instead. Coz, in your scenario you donot have any metadata to expose and moreover, WCF LOB sdk is on top of the WCF channel model. please read this (http://blogs.msdn.com/biztalk_adapter_development/archive/2007/07/09/wcf-lob-adapter-sdk-and-its-relationship-with-wcf-channel-model.aspx)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:10 AM
  • This post shows how to install WCF LOB Adapters using MSBuild:

http://whiteboardworks.com/2010/02/installing-wcf-lob-adapters-with-msbuild/

HTH.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 4:35 PM