none
Change the sending account in redemption rdoAppointmentItem in case if outlook has more than one account configured. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have two account configured on my outlook. I am developing a WPF/C# application to send an appointment. I am creating appointment using redemption as follows: 

Interop.Redemption.RDOFolder oFolder = null;
    Interop.Redemption.RDOSession oSession = null;
    Interop.Redemption.RDOAppointmentItem oAppt = null;

oSession = new Interop.Redemption.RDOSession(); 
    oSession.Logon("", "", false, false, 0, false);

oFolder = oSession.GetDefaultFolder(Interop.Redemption.rdoDefaultFolders.olFolderCalendar);
    oAppt = (Interop.Redemption.RDOAppointmentItem)
                        oFolder.Items.Add(OlItemType.olAppointmentItem);

oAppt.Sender = ??

In outlook appointment I can simply assign AppointmentItem.SendUsingAccount. But in RDOAppointmentItem there 
    is no property like SendUsingAccount. RDOAppointment.Sender is an object of type AddressEntry. How can I assign
    the Outlook account to the RDOAppointment so that I can send it using the selected account configured in 
    outlook. Thank you.

Surya
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:29 AM

Answers

• Is the default store Exchange? Exchange is a tightly coupled store, so as soon as Redemption calls IMessage::SubmitMessage, it sends it. Outlook on the other hand can hand the message to the appropriate transport provider - there is no public API to do that for Redemption...

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.4 is now available!

• Marked as answer by surya.amu Monday, February 18, 2013 4:17 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 5:40 PM

All replies

• RDOAppointmentItem has the Account property inherited from the RDOMail object (returns or sets RDOAccount object).

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:33 AM
  • Hi Dmitry, Thanks for the response.

I just used the account property. But at recipients side the appointment says - 

Can it be only - 

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:00 AM
  • Hi Dmitry,

Another point is it that even if I change the RDOAppointmentItem.Account to Account other than default, but the appointment goes via outbox of default account and saved in Sent folder of default account which is incorrect to me. When I use Outlook.AppointmentItem.SendUsingAccount to other than default account then it goes via the right Outbox and saved in right Sent folder. Please share your valuable input.

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:32 AM
  • Is the default store Exchange? Exchange is a tightly coupled store, so as soon as Redemption calls IMessage::SubmitMessage, it sends it. Outlook on the other hand can hand the message to the appropriate transport provider - there is no public API to do that for Redemption...

• Marked as answer by surya.amu Monday, February 18, 2013 4:17 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 5:40 PM
  • Hi Dmitry,

Yes, default store is exchange server account. Second account is SMTP account. 

Monday, February 18, 2013 4:13 AM