Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:08 PM

Answers

• I got the same error few days ago.

Only solution is repairing visual studio 11 :(

paul van bladel

• Marked as answer by PlusOrMinus Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:43 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:07 PM
  • Update:

"Repair" of VS beta appears to have cured the problem on my O/S Windows 7 Ultimate dev machine.

I will however recommend that you note this issue. I have a similar, if not identical, issue on another instance of VS/LS beta this time hosted on a Windows Web Server 2008 R2 O/S. The commonality is that I upgraded both machines to SQL Server 2012 RTM. This may or may not be the issue, (they are both subject to the live Windows Update mechanism) but I advise the team that the VS 11 beta install on the 2008 R2 server is an untouched "out of the box" install. Other than there was a, previously successful, "Application1" bare test LS project created after first install.

I will attempt to "repair" VS 11 beta on the server and, if the problem is cured, mark this post as an answer.

To be continued..........

E tenebris lux. ±

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:18 PM

All replies

• I got the same error few days ago.

Only solution is repairing visual studio 11 :(

paul van bladel

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:07 PM
  • Update:

"Repair" of VS beta appears to have cured the problem on my O/S Windows 7 Ultimate dev machine.

I will however recommend that you note this issue. I have a similar, if not identical, issue on another instance of VS/LS beta this time hosted on a Windows Web Server 2008 R2 O/S. The commonality is that I upgraded both machines to SQL Server 2012 RTM. This may or may not be the issue, (they are both subject to the live Windows Update mechanism) but I advise the team that the VS 11 beta install on the 2008 R2 server is an untouched "out of the box" install. Other than there was a, previously successful, "Application1" bare test LS project created after first install.

I will attempt to "repair" VS 11 beta on the server and, if the problem is cured, mark this post as an answer.

To be continued..........

E tenebris lux. ±

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:18 PM
  • VS 11 Beta repair cured the problem on the server instance too! At least there is a workaround in this case.

Thanks, Keith

E tenebris lux. ±

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:43 PM