Using xbox live avatar RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Just wondering if you knew of a way of using an xbox live avatar in a WP7 app. I have searched the forums and most hits relate to xna games - but I'd like to use it in an app.

I know of the "http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/gamertag/avatar-body.png" image and the two headshots available, however, all three images are low resolution and look poor in the program. Does anyone know how (if it's even possible) to access the resources used in, say, the Games hub? Or the xbox live website?

I don't need it to be a fancy 3D dancing avatar - I just want the picture (like the avatar-body picture I linked above).

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Casey

Sunday, November 20, 2011 2:54 PM

Answers

• The static avatar images you referred to in your first post are the only avatar options available to non-Xbox LIVE apps.
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 11:49 PM

All replies

• I also have the same question.
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 3:10 PM
  • The static avatar images you referred to in your first post are the only avatar options available to non-Xbox LIVE apps.
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 11:49 PM

Thanks - not the answer I wanted, but thanks anyway. I might try contacting xbox support to see if they have any suggestions or feel as though they might want to increase the resolution of the current images. Not holding out much hope :/
    Monday, November 21, 2011 9:10 PM