Need help with form that shows parent-child data RRS feed

• Question

• I have a pretty simple Access db that contains a typical parent->child, one-to-many situation.  On the data entry form (all done within Access 2007), I'd like to have the fields from the parent table and then a grid where I can enter children.  When I have Access do the form for me, it puts a "subreport" control on the form which isn't bad, but the child records have a foreign key to another table, and I'd like a combo control for that relationship. 

So in other words, I'd like an editable grid to enter my child records, and one cell of the editable grid needs to contain a combo control where I can pick records from another table and copy the foreign key back to the child record.  How do I do this?

Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:15 AM

Answers

• Put the subform in design mode and right click on the text box that you want to be a combo box - select change to combo box and then set up the properties of the combo box to be what you want. when you view the form in datasheet mode as a subform to your parent form, the combo box will be as you want it.  Post back if you need help with the combo box settings.
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, March 21, 2011 6:19 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:58 AM