Problem with PowerManagement RRS feed

• Question

• hey

i am currently designing a gps application where i am going to poll skyhook, opencell and the gps module of the wm every 5 seconds.

But i also want to save power of the battery. So i decided to use the unattended mode. I don't want to use the SystemIdleTimeReset function because in this application i don't have much user interactions.

Now i've read joel johnsons entry about power management and it says:
    If your application needs for the Windows Mobile device to stay in a certain power state, then use SetPowerRequirement to request the power state that your application needs. The OS will ensure that the power state of the device does not drop below what was requested. When the power state is no longer needed, then call ReleasePowerRequirement .

That's exactly what i need but the description seems to be wrong because i have to call that function with a parameter which specifies the a component on the device like the background light? so what should i do?

i just simly need a functionality which ensure that the mobile doesn't go into suspend mode when the idle time expires.

Thanks in advance

yours
    andi
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:07 AM

Answers

• Hi andi,

SetPowerRequirement can be used to keep a individual device’s power state (such as backlight) at a certain power state even when the system goes into low power modes. 

It sounds like calling PowerPolicyNotify to put the system in unattended mode is more appropriate to your task.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, July 27, 2009 3:18 AM