Offline Windows Mobile Application with webservice calls to perform data sync RRS feed

• Question

• User680737545 posted

Hey all, 

Anybody know any good articles or suggestions, preferably step-by-step articles on how to setup and develop windows mobile applications with a web service to perform data sychronizations.

The mobile application should allow/automatically download the latest data from the server, say at application start. Within the application they'll probably add/update/delete records. When they are done with it they can click on a command which then calls a webservice to sychronize the data to the server.

Thank you all.

Monday, July 30, 2007 2:12 AM

Answers

• User-955209475 posted

Hi ghinx,

The closest I could recommend is the mobile client software factory.

Sadly it appears it's being "left behind" compared to it's smart client and web client brethren.

Between it and the smart client factory you should be able to come up with a way to accomplish what you want.  You don't have to grab the whole factory for either to get the docs or the hands on labs, I'd suggest starting with those.

ADO.Net 3.5 includes a sync service, you may want to grab the vs2008 beta and check that out as well.

I hope that helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 30, 2007 11:19 PM