none
Setting up for simpel use! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

1. I haven't learn programming yet, so I just want to use it for navigating in windows as I would normally use my mouse. I installed the SDK, but I havn't found it, I guess it must be there somewhere...

Is there a plug and play(/install) app that I can use for this, or is it really necessary to program for each application at the moment?? So I need to make one for using powerpoint, another for excel, and one for a third application?

2. Can I access these kinect apps not using the windows app store (No way I am going to give windows my hotmail!)?  

Sunday, February 1, 2015 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Mikael

1. No, you cannot control other applications only with "out of the box" Kinect functionality. You can read about that here. I don't know if MS Office allows this kind of plugins nor if you could write a "cross-office" plugin.

2. There are several platforms for Kinect apps, for example, WPF applications are "regular" desktop applications. Anyway, if you are concerned about privacy I suppose you could create a new account just for windows store purposes.

If you have never coded before, I think you will have to allow yourself some time before getting results with Kinect (not difficult just a matter of "learning order"). Have fun!

Monday, February 2, 2015 2:49 PM