cant install microsoft visual c# express edition RRS feed

• Question

• I HAVE MANE ERRORS TO INSTALL C# 
    https://imgur.com/a/CyAJ2p0 this  2 errors..
    can someone help me please?
    Monday, September 7, 2020 7:12 AM

All replies

• I HAVE MANE ERRORS TO INSTALL C# 

Do not try to use the online installer. It is no longer supported, and
    neither is the mandatory registration of it.

Try using the offline installer instead. Download the .iso file for
    Visual Studio 2008 Express from here:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/E/8/E/E8EEB394-7F42-4963-A2D8-29559B738298/VS2008ExpressWithSP1ENUX1504728.iso

After downloading, burn a CD from the .iso file.

Run the installer from the CD and select Visual C#.

Unless there is compelling need to use VC# 2008, you should install VS 2019
    Community Edition instead. It's free.

- Wayne

Monday, September 7, 2020 8:03 AM
  • Anyway, just install a later version of Visual Studio. The ATL library module comes with that version of VS is buggy and incompatible with later .NET framework versions.

If you really need to install VS2008 Express, follow what this thread suggested there.

Alternatively you may try to install it under safe mode, so hopefully nothing else that loads ATL9.0 is running so the installer can successfully replace it. (Just a guess based on the symptom, so not guaranteed to work)

Monday, September 7, 2020 8:18 AM
    Answerer
  •  The ATL library module comes with that version of VS is buggy and incompatible with later .NET framework versions.

Is ATL relevant to C#? 

"The Active Template Library (ATL) is a set of template-based C++ classes ..."

(Also, as I recall it the Express Editions of VC++ did not include MFC or ATL.)

- Wayne

Monday, September 7, 2020 9:13 AM
  • The error message in the image shows the error HRESULT:0x8007054F is thrown when installing 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.21022.8"' which is the ATL library for VS2008.

Maybe the express version of IDE itself needs it to run? Or some of the other components? Never really need to run VC#Express so have no idea. (The image does show it is for "Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition with SP1 Setup") 

EDIT: Also consider install VC++ 2008 runtime before start running the installer, as suggested in here.

Monday, September 7, 2020 9:35 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi John7.7.7,
    First, you can follow the methods in the threads below to solve the problem.
    [Can't install Visual C# 2008 Express Edition with SP1]
    [Can't Install Visual Studio 2008 Express]
    If not successful, I suggest you ask the questions in Microsoft Q&A forum and you can get more professional answer.
    The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 8, 2020 2:26 AM