none
Numerous Crashes in VS 2017 RC

Question

• I've been using VS 2017 RC for a week or so now and while I really like some of the features it has added, I am experiencing numerous crashes during usage where it will simply stop responding, an error message pops up saying it has crashed and then it restarts itself.  

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it...sometimes it happens after 10 minutes, other times after 2 hours.  I am working on a project at work using it in ASP.NET MVC 5.  The Web API never crashes, only the main project.  It probably has been happening 2-3 times per day, but sometimes up to 5 or 6...

It's kind of annoying and for now I am going to have to revert back to VS 2015 until you get it more stable.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Feel sorry about your encountering this issue.

As it cashes such randomly, it's little hard to diagnose it. Please help us to collect some information of which operation cause the crash if it's possible. 

As a release candidate, vs 2017 RC does need time to be more stable, just like its name's meaning. You could report a problem according to the following page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/ide/how-to-report-a-problem-with-visual-studio-2017

Which will let the Engineers from Microsoft know this and they fix these issues before the RTM version released.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation:)

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:20 AM