After KB 4096417, maxConnections setting ignored, throttled to 1 RRS feed

• Question

• User-2014536593 posted

In April, I had an executable (that I didn't write) that made RESTful calls to a remote web service. It was only doing up to 2 concurrently and everything else had to wait for a slot to be available. After I modified the machine.config to add the following:

<system.net>
    <connectionManagement>
    <add address="*" maxconnection="30" />
    </connectionManagement>
    </system.net>
    Then it would allow up to 30 at a time. Great. But then we loaded KB4096417 and it now throttles all connections to just one at a time (not even the default 2). If I un-install that KB, it goes back to the expected behavior.

We're using Dynamics CRM 2016, and this is the CRM Asynchronous Service (CrmAsyncService.exe). While we're using CRM I believe the problem is not specific to Dynamics CRM.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know of a fix or workaround?

Thursday, May 31, 2018 4:06 PM

All replies

• User1120430333 posted

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know of a fix or workaround?

Don't install the KB is the bottom line here.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 5:31 PM
  • User-2014536593 posted

OK, well I wasn't "hoping" to go without the security patches long-term, it was simply a way to confirm the root cause of the problem.  But this is an internal server, which does help mitigate somewhat.

But we also can't live with just one remote connection being possible at a time, it'll kill our performance.  Does anyone have any other information on what changed in that KB, even anything I can provide our vendor so they can fix the code that's executing that's been changed by this patch?

Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:17 PM
  • User1120430333 posted

If you have MS support or you have to pay for support on the issue, I suggest that you contact MS Support about it.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 10:47 PM