Touch is not working properly - in VHD (dell studio touch 1747)

Question

• Hi All,

I have successfully installed in VHD.

PC Info: Dell studio 1747 - i7 processor - 8GB Ram - Touch Enabled.

Touch is not working properly. When I tried to select Metro style Icons its getting flickering and its getting zoom.

Thanks.

Nanda kumar R | Senior Consultant | GSR
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hey Nanda Kumar R,

Either could be right, unfortunately each provider uses a different version naming method. When you try to install the drivers using the Compatibility troubleshooter, try using the "This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now" option. The new list of steps will look like:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows
    • Click Next
    • Click Not listed
    • Click Next
    • Click Browse
    • Navigate to and select the installer for your drivers that you downloaded from one of the locations above
    • Click Open
    • Click Next
    • Click Troubleshoot program
    • Check the This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now box
    • Click Next
    • Choose the operating system in which this driver was designed (Windows 7)
    • Click Next
    • Click Start the program...

Then the installer should be launched, and hopefully you won't receive the message that the operating system isn't adequate.

Note: if the steps above don't work for the first driver you try this for, try the steps again for the other driver. If one of them installs, restart your computer and test to see if the touch is now functioning properly.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:22 AM

All replies

• Hi

I have Dell studio 19 and installed UPDD touch control driver from Next Window, then started working properly.  1747 runs N-Trig, try download and install win7 version from either dell / n-trig site.

Vaithees Kumar
    Friday, September 16, 2011 3:28 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to install n-trig driver, I got fatal error and the error message is: The operating system is not adequate for running. Is there any workaround?

Thanks once again.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 5:02 AM
  • Hey Nanda Kumar R,

You can try using the compatibility troubleshooter to install the driver. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:37 AM
  • Thanks Steven.

I have installed N-Trig N-Trig Multi-Touch Digitizer( http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R244460&SystemID=STUDIO1747&servicetag=&os=W764&osl=en&deviceid=21216&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=17&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=354386) through Compatibility utility. But still I am having the same issue.

So that I have downloaded file from n-trig site (http://www.n-trig.com/files/DuoSense_MT_RC_Studio17_64bit_3.99.026.zip) (updated one). But I was not able to install this file through Compatibility utility.

I don't know which one is right file. Please help me to find the compatible diver for dell studio 17 - 1747 x64 bit.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:11 AM
  • Hey Nanda Kumar R,

Either could be right, unfortunately each provider uses a different version naming method. When you try to install the drivers using the Compatibility troubleshooter, try using the "This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now" option. The new list of steps will look like:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Next
    • Click Not listed
    • Click Next
    • Click Browse
    • Navigate to and select the installer for your drivers that you downloaded from one of the locations above
    • Click Open
    • Click Next
    • Click Troubleshoot program
    • Check the This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now box
    • Click Next
    • Choose the operating system in which this driver was designed (Windows 7)
    • Click Next
    • Click Start the program...

Then the installer should be launched, and hopefully you won't receive the message that the operating system isn't adequate.

Note: if the steps above don't work for the first driver you try this for, try the steps again for the other driver. If one of them installs, restart your computer and test to see if the touch is now functioning properly.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:22 AM