none
Wierd Error .net / Windows7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

About my application

I have created a .net application to read data from xml file and populate the data into either word or power point document. The data may be a plain text or flash image. I download the data and pre-designed template power point file from a server and saving in temp folder of the system.  then populate data into the ppt doc. all these are handled at run time.

About issue I am facing.

In windows 7 OS recently noticed that if I Open "check for performances issues" link from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting, a folder named MSDTADMIN is created in temp folder. And my application gives an error mesage saying you do not have access rights to MSDTADMIN folder. But in my code I am not referring to this folder.

I could not find a solution for this. Please suggest a solution for this issue.

Regards,

Sundaresh Shenoy

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Sundaresh Shenoy,

Please use Process Monitor tool to check when it  start to access this folder. Can you provide any other information?

Good luck to you.

Cookie Luo[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Other info I can provide is, if there is no MSDTAMIN folder in temp table my application works fine with Windows 7 OS. 

Regards,

Sundaresh Shenoy

Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Hi Sundaresh,

Sorry for late response.

Have you resolve your problem? I'm look forward to hearing from you.

Cookie Luo[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:32 AM
  • Hi,

No, not yet. Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sundaresh

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:48 AM