Issues with creating unit tests for UWP libraries. RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a unit test project to test a UWP library. 

- I did not find a UWP Unit Test Library project provided. Hence I added a UWP Test App. 

- With the UWP Test App, I could write and execute the tests. However, I would like to know whether there's an alternative to using UWP Test Apps. (Will there be a UWP test library option available soon?). 

- Also, I found out that VS code coverage is still not supported for UWP apps. When will this feature be enabled? What are the alternatives (I know that AxoCover/OpenCover does not support UWP apps as well). 

AUA

Monday, July 16, 2018 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi AUA,

Since the problem is more related to unit tests, I'll help you to move this thread to Visual Studio Unit Testing Forum. You could get more professional support there.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 1:30 AM
  • I've already posted this in the unit testing forum and had no response. That's why I posted this in this forum. 

AUA

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:46 AM
  • Hi,

There is no unit test library project in visual studio 2017. it is recommand to use Unit test app project. 

Please have a look at the feedback:
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/131004/unit-testing-uwp-class-library.html

Currently Code coverage not supported for UWP.

Thank you for your suggestion! Please add your request or vote for this feature on the Visual Studio UserVoice site ( https://visualstudio.uservoice.com ), which is our main forum for product suggestions

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:11 AM