none
VS Web Testing - one test case with doubled test results RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem that after execution of one test case.

I can find two results in the result list, and both point to the same result file e.g.: recorded video.

for example:

• Source: HealthCheck
    • Test Passed - HealthCheck_Test1
    • Test Passed - HealthCheck_Test1 [Data row 0]

for the same TC, i always retrieve one more result ending with [Data row 0].

I thought that was iteration setting issue so that i checked the following setting.

1. local.testsettings file - Web Test - Fixed run count "1"

2. Test - Options - Web Test - all selected

3. no interation in referred [DataSource]

Please help.

• Moved by Johnny Coleman MSFTMicrosoft employee Tuesday, November 19, 2013 9:24 PM This forum is for Application Insights. A microsoft Monitoring tool. Moving thread to Visual Studio Test Tools.
    Monday, November 18, 2013 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using Visual Studio to create and run web test? Which version of VS do you use? Where do you see such web test result?

Source: HealthCheck

Test Passed - HealthCheck_Test1

Test Passed - HealthCheck_Test1 [Data row 0]

I assume that your web test is a data driven web test. Generally we run web test in VS, we will get such result:

What result do you get after you set ‘Fixed run count’ to 1 and remove data iteration from DataSource?

If possible, please share us screenshots about your web test results so that we can further look at this issue.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:51 AM