none
Task Assignment Notes in Reporting Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on a requirement to display task Assignment level comments (entered by Task Assignees in My Tasks screen) in a Report from Reporting Database. I would like to know the tables from where this information can be queried. Please note that the Notes here are not Task level notes in Project Schedule. Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 7:34 PM

All replies

• Abhijit,

The data you need is in the Published Database, and not Reporting Database. The standard disclaimer of not querying Published Database appies. use PSI.

If you are looking for the "Comments" for each assignment that are enters, then the table you need is the [MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SUBMITTED]

If you are looking for comments that are submitted on the pop-up that comes up when tasks are submitted, then you are looking for MSP_Assignment_Transactions_Comments

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:26 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. However, how do I query the data from Published Database, as it is not recommended. PSI will bring in Task Notes for the current user.

Could you you please more guidance on using PSI and method in PSI to get Assignment Notes for a Project?

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:04 PM
  • Abhijit,

Please see Paul's reply to your other question, which describes how you can use Powershell with PSI to get this information.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/19824e52-a711-46c1-bdbf-dd7534bd10f7/report-to-list-of-all-proejcts-that-a-user-is-member?forum=project2010custprog

Alternatively, you could also use it in SSRS as a data source, See here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2007/10/24/reporting-services-using-a-psi-data-source.aspx

Cheers,

Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:24 AM
  • Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for the reply. Executing PSI from Powershell works very well. However, how to call the Powershell scripts from MS SSRS. Could you provide some help in this regard?

Friday, February 20, 2015 4:27 PM
  • Abhijit,

If you take a look at the second link I provided, you could call the PSI service directly from SSRS, without PowerShell.

Cheers,

Friday, February 20, 2015 4:30 PM
  • PSI can be called from SSRS. However, there will be two datasets in SSRS, one from SQLServer and other from PSI. I have to get values from two datasources, where one is in XML format.

PSI will return data only for the logged in user. How do I handle this constraint?

Friday, February 20, 2015 7:54 PM