Help with Data Binding (non-Grid/split application)

Question

• Hello, I am writing because, so far, most tutorials I have found relate to how to bind data to the Grid and Split applications.

The application I am going to be building cannot be as extremely Dynamic like the Grid template (it is going to be a virtual periodic table), so I have to have links setup manually.  Because of this, I am not sure how I could call data on the individual subpages and/or master subpage.

I would like to have a single subpage for viewing items, but it has to be connectable to a Link, rather than the setup used in the Grid application.

Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks.

Monday, May 14, 2012 5:30 AM

Answers

• Hi C,

You can solve this the same way you would with HTML/JavaScript in a web browser.

Simply manually build up your view (maybe using msGrid) and then assign your click event handlers (the source would tell you who was clicked as one option).

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hi C,

You can solve this the same way you would with HTML/JavaScript in a web browser.

Simply manually build up your view (maybe using msGrid) and then assign your click event handlers (the source would tell you who was clicked as one option).

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:07 PM
  • Alright, so essentially construct this one in the style of a webpage, due to its need for specific design?

I can work with that.

Monday, May 14, 2012 6:59 PM