Run unix executable(.exe) file from C# RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have to run unix executable file(.exe) using C#. Unix executable is setting in the unix machine. While I try to run the unix executable file, I have to pass one file name as input argument, but the input file is setting in the windows machine where the C# code is executing. After run the unix executable, C# code needs to get the xml output string from the unix executable.

Kindly suggest/guide where I have to start to implement this requirement.

Thanks,

• Edited by H.Ashok Monday, April 25, 2011 11:44 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 11:34 AM

Answers

• If the question wording is correct I am with Evan. If you could run a command directly on Unix box remotely it would be a baaaad practice.

If it is on the same machine (like Unix via Cygwin) then it is simple as running any windows EXE.

The admin for the Unix machine is the logical lead on this one.  I have worked with Unix guys to do just this but they have always taken the lead on the solution (it is their box that is doing the work).

CountryStyle 

• Marked as answer by Lie You Monday, June 13, 2011 5:57 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 2:17 PM

All replies

• If you have code sample then that would be help me a lot and save my time.

Monday, April 25, 2011 11:36 AM
  • I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this requirement is beyond the scope of something that can be solved by a code snippet on a forum.  You will most likely need to host a service on the Unix system that will respond to requests issued using some network protocol like TCP to execute something locally and return results.  This isn't an afternoon job.

Evan

Monday, April 25, 2011 1:22 PM
  • If the question wording is correct I am with Evan. If you could run a command directly on Unix box remotely it would be a baaaad practice.

If it is on the same machine (like Unix via Cygwin) then it is simple as running any windows EXE.

The admin for the Unix machine is the logical lead on this one.  I have worked with Unix guys to do just this but they have always taken the lead on the solution (it is their box that is doing the work).

CountryStyle 

• Marked as answer by Lie You Monday, June 13, 2011 5:57 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 2:17 PM