none
add virtual directory in ftp RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi

Im configuring a WSP hosting server, what I want is first alla the folders for the websites but then I want a virtual directory that points to a Backup folder,

can someone help me with this? I think I will have to edit the source so if someone can tell me where and what to code to get this to work?

The folder structure would be like this:

User FTProot
    -> Backup(vir)
    -> Website 1
    -> Website 2

One more thing, why cant I isolate the ftp server? I did as the install manual says but if I enter another username i get to its files.

to get the isolation the folder structure must be like this:

FTProot
    ---LocalUser
         ->UserName

But WSP does like this

FTProot
    ->UserName

• Changed type Inesa Fain Friday, December 3, 2010 12:21 AM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 12:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Why can't you just create a user with name 'Backup' and create an FTP virtual directory with the same name? Windows will automatically match it.

Also you can change Isolated mode folder structure via ADSI Edit (Windows Support Tools). There is a field like msFTPUserDirectory for every user, so you can tweak that.

Regards, jegor.
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:49 PM
  • Dont know if thats what I wanted, I want 1 account in that account there is a ftproot with websites and a backupfolder.

I did some experimenting and added this line into SitesModuleService.cs

VirtualDirectory createdVirtualDirectoryBackup = application.VirtualDirectories.Add(String.Format("/LocalUser/{0}/!Backup", account.Name), backupDirectory);

This creates the backup virdir under the userFTProot, I also added /LocalUser/ to all the part where the ftp is created/deleted/edited and now its how I want it.
    All account is created under LocalUser and all users have their own Backup folder, dont know if thats the best way to go but it does the job.

Next thing I need the fix is to remove the write permissions on the backup folder.

Friday, November 26, 2010 11:02 AM