none
Send files to external SFTP server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a use case for sending files to external SFTP server.  In DF, I can consumed zipped files from external SFTP server. but the copy data activity do not have an option to write to SFTP from blob or SQL server.

How do you send files to SFTP in DF?

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:36 AM

All replies

• Hi willtwc,

Unfortunately, SFTP as sink is not currently supported in Azure Data Factory V2. I would recommend you to up-vote an already existing feedback for adding SFTP as sink as a native capability in ADF V2. The feedback shared in this forum are monitored and reviewed by Azure Data Factory Engineering team. Up-voting an idea will increase the priority of the new feature request.

Additional info:

To move data to/from a data store that Data Factory does not support, or to transform/process data in a way that isn't supported by Data Factory, you can create a Custom activity with your own data movement or transformation logic and use the activity in a pipeline.

Please refer to this doc: Use custom activities in an Azure Data Factory pipeline

Hope this info helps.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:19 AM
  • Hi,

You can create Azure Microservice (Functions) and can write c# code there. Then you can call this microservice(functions) in Azure data factory to achieve the same task.

Cheers,

Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:15 AM
  • I found some references to Azure Logic Apps while searching.  Is that an option too?

Is the solution using webjobs provided by winscp suitable for my use case?  

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_microsoft_azure_webjob_sftp

Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:14 PM
  • Yes, you could also use Azure Logic Apps in your case. 

Please refer to below MS doc.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:14 PM
  • Hi there,

Following up to see if the above reply was helpful. If you have any further query, do let us know.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Friday, August 23, 2019 10:17 PM
  • Hi there,

Just checking in to see if the above suggestion was helpful. If this answers your query, please consider to click “Mark as Answer” and/or Up-Vote, as it might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:39 PM