none
having an issue linking Automation account to Log Analytics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am pretty new to Azure and I am busy playing with a free account

I am having to setup update management in Azure but cannot complete the task as I cannot link my automation account to a workspace

They are in the SAME Resource Group

this is the only option that I get

Monday, August 26, 2019 8:37 AM

Answers

• Hi MikeFGR,

AFAIK you can accomplish the requirement by going to Azure Portal -> Automation Accounts -> Your Automation Account -> Update management -> Select your Log Analytics workspace -> Click 'Enable'. For more information, please refer this document.

In case, you want to unlink the enabled Log Analytics workspace then go to Azure Portal -> Automation Accounts -> Your Automation Account -> Related Resources -> Linked workspace -> Click 'Unlink workspace'. For more information, please refer this document.

Hope this helps!! Cheers!!
    Monday, August 26, 2019 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi MikeFGR,

AFAIK you can accomplish the requirement by going to Azure Portal -> Automation Accounts -> Your Automation Account -> Update management -> Select your Log Analytics workspace -> Click 'Enable'. For more information, please refer this document.

In case, you want to unlink the enabled Log Analytics workspace then go to Azure Portal -> Automation Accounts -> Your Automation Account -> Related Resources -> Linked workspace -> Click 'Unlink workspace'. For more information, please refer this document.

Hope this helps!! Cheers!!
    Monday, August 26, 2019 10:24 AM
  • Thank you
    Monday, August 26, 2019 10:44 AM