none
Query tree RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

With Azure DevOps Services :

How can I make a query with 3 or 4 levels of WIT using 2 different links ? For exemple :"child" and "Successor" .

Thanks by advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Olivier

Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:02 PM

All replies

•  Hi Oliver,

Just for clarification, when you say WIT, are you referring to Work Item Type? If so, selecting Tree View might be what you're looking for.

This will link epic -> feature -> user story (pbi) -> task. If that's not quite what you're looking for, let me know.

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:00 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but my question was about a specific query that could display the traçability of my SRS, that is to say differents WIs using 2 types of links ? For exemple :"child" and "Successor".

Best regards,

Olivier

Friday, July 19, 2019 6:40 AM
  • I want to make sure I understand you correctly. Say you have User Story 1 and User Story 2. They both have Tasks 1 and Task 2 respectively has children. Task 2 is set as a successor to Task 1. You want a query that will show the relationship Task 2 has to not only User Story 2 but also Task 1. Let me know if I'm the right track. If so, I'm not aware off-hand so I'll investigate and update the thread.

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Friday, July 19, 2019 6:50 PM
  • Thank you Ryan for your answer,

Yes, that is the kind of query I want to do. A query that will show 2 different types of relationship between work items. I was thinking about a nested query but I don't know if that is possible with Azure DevOps services.

Thanks in advance for your help, Olivier.

Saturday, July 20, 2019 9:45 AM