Initial snapshot in Transactional replication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

• SQL 2008R2 

Having a problem getting the initial load (snapshot?) of a database at the subscriber.  I went through the wizard and selected create new database at the subscriber, so it's basically empty.  It's a pull subscription and all  the agent jobs work fine (no errors) but no data is being replicated over to the subscriber.  

The folder in Windows is getting all the snapshot files.

I did this in a test scenario, the only difference begin that I restored the subscriber database from the publisher database and all worked fine.  

Probably missed the obvious here but anyone have any thoughts on what it might be? 

Friday, February 27, 2015 11:15 AM

Answers

• First check Snapshot agent status, is snapshot generated with all articles? Log Reader Agent is running? Open Replication Monitor and see if you can find any error. Most likely Service account doesn't exists at subscriber instance or doesn't have enough permissions.
    Monday, March 2, 2015 8:42 PM

All replies

• First check Snapshot agent status, is snapshot generated with all articles? Log Reader Agent is running? Open Replication Monitor and see if you can find any error. Most likely Service account doesn't exists at subscriber instance or doesn't have enough permissions.
    Monday, March 2, 2015 8:42 PM
  • Yes it was the "Log Reader Agent", have no idea why it stopped after changing the article list though. 
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:37 AM