none
How do I make a small basic program self contained? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make my game a self contained program with all the pictures used in the game in one place so that i can transfer the game from computer to computer without a problem

chase morell

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:57 AM

Answers

• You could always just keep all your resources in a folder and then just put the whole thing with your program / DLLs in a ZIP archive file to distribute it.

In more advanced languages (e.g. C# or VB) you can embed resources into the EXE file, but that unfortunately is beyond the scope of Small Basic.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:18 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• You could always just keep all your resources in a folder and then just put the whole thing with your program / DLLs in a ZIP archive file to distribute it.

In more advanced languages (e.g. C# or VB) you can embed resources into the EXE file, but that unfortunately is beyond the scope of Small Basic.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:18 AM
    Answerer
  • you have to also use Program.Directory method to reference a image etc. used in program, so that no matter your program directory copied any where to another computer

Monday, March 25, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Hi.   The solution to making a small basic program self contained is to add the - SmallBasicLibrary.dll - to the folder which contains your program or programs. You need only to add it once to a folder containing several programs for all of the programs in that folder to work. Saved to disc, the disc can be used on any Microsoft computer. The folder can be copied from the disc into the memory of a host computer for your program to work there without the disc.
    Friday, June 21, 2013 7:33 AM